The heft of a chef's knife is intended to let gravity do most of the work. And because a firm, comfortable grip is essential, choose several knives from a wide variety of sizes that conform to your hand.
About Wusthof Classic:
• Precision-forged blades of Wusthof's own high-carbon, stain-resistant steel alloy, for a lasting edge that is easy to resharpen.
• Distinctive bolster prevents your hand from slipping onto the blade.
• Handle is a virtually indestructible composite, buffed by hand for a smooth finish and triple-riveted to the full tang for optimum strength and balance.
• Dishwasher safe, but hand-washing is recommended.
• Made in Solingen, Germany.
Professional-quality, black-handled, 4-1/2-inch forged steel cook's knife
Forged tang-to-tip from high-carbon stainless steel; solid triple-riveted handle
Cook's-knife contours and finger guard with parer's heft for flexibility and agility
Dishwasher-safe; hand-washing is recommended to preserve sharpness
4-1/2-by-1-1/4-inch blade; 9 inches long; limited lifetime guarantee